Terms and Conditions – Introduction
Our Terms and Conditions. So here is the not so fun part! However, it is important that we document these to protect both you and us.
About Linen Quarter
Linen Quarter® is a registered trademark, which is owned by Linen Quarter Ltd. Our office is registered in England and Wales at c/o Bevan & Buckland, Langdon House, Langdon Road, Swansea Waterfront, Swansea, SA1 8QY, UK. Our company number is 10448527.
- Your permission to use the website is personal to you and non-transferable, and you may not use the site for commercial purposes, unless our written permission is given.
- Your use of the website is conditional upon the rules set out in these Terms and Conditions and you agree that you will not:
- Use the website for any fraudulent or unlawful purpose.
- Use the website to defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the rights of others, including without limitation others privacy rights or rights of publicity.
- Impersonate any person or entity, falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity in connection with the website.
- Interfere with or disrupt the operation of the website or the services or networks used to make the website available.
- Transmit or otherwise make available in connection with the website any virus, worm, Trojan horse, or other computer code that is harmful or invasive or may or is intended to damage the operation of, or to monitor the use of, any hardware, software or equipment.
- Remove any copyright, trade mark, or other propriety rights notices from the website or materials originating from the website.
- Frame or mirror any part of the website without our express prior written consent.
- Reproduce the presentation of the website.
- Use our website to transmit or send unsolicited commercial communications.
- Use our website for any purposes related to marketing without our express prior written consent.
Rights of Seller
- We reserve the right to:
- Modify or withdraw, temporarily or permanently, the website (or any part thereof) with or without notice to you.
- Restrict your access to the website or part of it. If we grant you access to a restricted part of the website we may withdraw permission at any time.
- Make changes to our Terms and Conditions from time to time.
- Protect our Intellectual Property rights to the website, including all the text, pictures, videos and other content made available on the website.
- We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to modify or replace these Terms at any time. If a revision is material, we will try to provide at least 30 days notice prior to any new terms taking effect. What constitutes a material change will be determined at our sole discretion.
- By continuing to access or use our Service after those revisions become effective, you agree to be bound by the revised terms. If you do not agree to the new terms, please stop using the Service.
- We endeavour to ensure that our products are described as accurately as possible on our website. However, we do not warrant that the description is accurate. Where we become aware of any incorrect description, we reserve the right to correct any error or omission.
- Our photography is a representation of the product itself. However, we cannot guarantee that the physical product will be an exact match.
- Our measurements are correct to the nearest centimetre and inch. We use UK standard bedding sizes for our duvet covers, sheets and pillowcases.
- Our published online prices are the cost of the products to our customers.
- All prices are in Great British Pounds (GBP). We endeavour to ensure that our price list is up to date. We reserve the right to amend our prices at any time.
- Prices are correct at the time of online publishing. We reserve the right to alter these prices at any time.
- If a price has been mis-represented on our website and you have placed an order for that item, we will contact you as soon as possible to inform you of our mistake and ask you if you would like to proceed with the order at the correct price. If you choose not to proceed or we cannot get in touch with you, we will cancel the order and immediately refund the total amount debited.
- Our products and services are provided to adults who are over the age of eighteen (18) years. By proceeding to purchase through our website, you acknowledge that you are over 18 years of age.
- We will endeavour to ensure that stock levels are correct on our website by closely managing inventory. However, we give no undertaking as to the availability of any product advertised on our website. If your order cannot be fulfilled from stock for any reason, we will contact you within 2 working days to notify you of this.
- When you order from us, we require you to provide your name, address for delivery, your email address, mobile telephone contact and credit card details. We undertake to take due care with this information. However, in providing us with such information, you accept that we are not liable for its misuse due to error in transmission or virus or malware.
- It is your responsibility to check that the items, prices, sizing and your personal delivery details on your order are correct. Please notify us of any inconsistencies straight away. It might not be possible to change these at a later time.
- Linen Quarter will not take responsibility for any products ordered in the wrong size.
- Payment when ordering online can be by major credit cards and debit cards. Please note that we do not accept cheques or bankers drafts as payment methods.
- The total cost of your order is the price of the products ordered plus delivery (if applicable).
- Payment is debited when the stock has been confirmed as ready for dispatch.
- You confirm that the credit card that is being used is yours. All credit/debit cardholders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer. If the issuer of your payment card refuses to or does not, for any reason, authorise payment to us, we will not be liable for any delay or non-delivery.
- Payment is required (cost or products ordered as well as packaging) before a parcel can be despatched.
- To ensure shopping online is secure, your credit/debit details will be encrypted so as to minimise the risk of your details being read by an unauthorised individual as they are sent to us over the Internet.
- Postage is charged at a flat rate of £4.95 per order for UK mainland delivery, regardless of size and weight. Orders over the value of £65 (excluding delivery charges) are delivered for free to the UK mainland (England, Scotland and Wales).
- Other postage rates (for example to Northern Ireland, Highlands of Scotland) can be seen in our Delivery & Returns section.
- We will use a number of trusted courier partners for UK deliveries. At the time your goods are despatched you will be supplied with a tracking number to follow your order online with the courier company via SMS text message or email.
- On the morning of delivery (usually the next working day after despatch) you will receive a SMS text message indicating the expected 1 hour delivery window.
- This interactive SMS will provide you with options such as leave it in a safe place, leave with a neighbour, leave at Parcelpoint Centre or an alternative delivery date.
- We endeavour to deliver within 2-3 working days but cannot be held responsible for delays beyond our control.
- Please note that any orders for pillow case sets only will be sent via Royal Mail Tracked 48, and should be with you within 2 to 3 working days after the date of your order. No signature is required for this as the parcel should fit through your letterbox.
- Delivery will be made to the ship to address stated on the order.
- Our delivery service is only currently offered from Monday to Friday (excluding Public Holidays).
- A signature is required for orders except for where pillow case set only has been ordered.
- Please do not accept for any packages that are damaged or opened. We cannot accept any liability for goods that are damaged or sent in error unless you notify us pursuant to these Terms and Conditions.
- The courier we choose is at our discretion.
- Linen Quarter cannot accept any liability for goods that are requested to be left in a safe place or with a neighbour.
- For security purposes, we do not deliver to P.O. Box numbers.
Cancellation by You
- We aim to dispatch orders promptly from when your order is placed. We are therefore unable to cancel or amend your order once it has been despatched by our delivery partner.
- If you still wish to cancel your order, please return your order once received, in accordance with our Returns Policy.
Cancellation by Us
- We reserve the right to cancel the contract between us if:
- We have insufficient stock to deliver the goods you have ordered.
- We do not deliver in your area.
- One or more of the goods you ordered was listed at the incorrect price due to a typographical error or an error in the pricing information received by us from our suppliers.
- If we cancel your contract we will notify you by email and will credit to your account any sum deducted from your credit card as soon as possible but in any event within 30 days of your order. We will not be obliged to offer any additional compensation for consequential loss or disappointment suffered.
Returns & Refunds
- We have implemented a number of rigorous quality control checks within our supply chain to ensure no items are faulty. If something has managed to pass through these stringent controls and find its way to your home, please contact us straight away so we can arrange a return or exchange on your behalf. Email us at email@example.com. Any faulty items will be refunded in full. Please note that faulty items do not include damage sustained by wear and tear, over use and abuse. Please see our Care Guide for details on how we recommend you look after your bed linen. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- You have 14 days to notify us of any faulty bed linen and we must receive the return within 1 month of the notification date.
- Should you have any items that are “unwanted”, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org. We will only accept returns for such items if they remain unopened, unused and in their original packaging. We would ask you not to open and unfold the item(s) until you are certain you will keep it. Putting the items back neatly into their packaging is not the easiest task. Please also ensure you enclose a copy of your Delivery Note in the package so your return can be identified. Any feedback on why you are returning the item would be very useful too. Please note that any delivery costs paid will not be reimbursed.
- Once the goods are received and are confirmed to be unused and in their original packaging, we will refund the value of the goods. Please allow 7 working days for us to process your refund. We will let you know when this has been done.
- In any event of force majeure, returns will not be possible (except for faulty items).
- Please note we do not have an Exchange Policy.
- The Service and its original content, features and functionality, logos, graphics etc. are and will remain the exclusive property of Linen Quarter and its licensors.
- All trademarks, brands and logos which can be identified by a symbol with a TM or ® which are used on this website are either owned by us or we have a licence to use them. Your access to our website does not license you to use those marks in any commercial way without our prior written permission.
- When you create an account with us, you must provide us information that is accurate, complete, and current at all times. Failure to do so constitutes a breach of the Terms, which may result in immediate termination of your account on our Service.
- You are responsible for safeguarding the password that you use to access the Service and for any activities or actions under your password, whether your password is with our Service or a third-party service.
- You agree not to disclose your password to any third party. You must notify us immediately upon becoming aware of any breach of security or unauthorised use of your account.
- We may terminate or suspend access to our Service immediately, without prior notice or liability, for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation if you breach the Terms.
- All provisions of the Terms which by their nature should survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
- We may terminate or suspend your account immediately, without prior notice or liability, for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation if you breach the Terms.
- Upon termination, your right to use the Service will immediately cease. If you wish to terminate your account, you may simply discontinue using the Service.
- We undertake to take all due care to protect the information you have provided by using our website and it will be treated in confidence. However, we do not warrant and cannot ensure the security of any information which you may provide to us. Information you transmit to us is entirely at your own risk although we undertake to take reasonable steps to preserve such information in a secure manner.
- Our compliance with privacy legislation is set out in our separate Privacy Notice, which may be accessed from our Home Page.
Third Party Links / Links to Other Websites
- Our Service may contain links to third-party web sites or services that are not owned or controlled by Linen Quarter.
- Linen Quarter has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party web sites or services. You further acknowledge and agree that Linen Quarter shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such web sites or services.
- We strongly advise you to read the terms and conditions and privacy policies of any third-party web sites or services that you visit.
- To provide suggestions or easier use we may provide links to other websites. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for and do not endorse such external websites or resources. Your use of third party websites is at your own risk.
- We strongly advise that you read the Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policies of any third party websites or services that you visit.
Limitation of Liability
- To the full extent permitted by law, our liability for breach of an implied warranty or condition is limited to the supply of the goods and / or services again or payment of the costs of having those goods and / or services supplied again.
- We accept no liability for any loss whatsoever including consequential loss suffered by you arising from product(s) we have supplied.
- By accessing our website, you agree to indemnify and hold us harmless from all claims, actions, damages, costs and expenses including legal fees arising from or in connection with your use of our website.
Feedback & Recommendations
- Any comment, feedback, idea or suggestions (called “Comments”) that you provide for us through our website or email becomes our property. If we use your Comments in promoting our website or in any other way, we will not be liable for any similarities that may appear from such use. In providing Comments you also agree that we are entitled to use your Comments for any commercial or non-commercial purpose without compensation to you or to any person who has transmitted your Comments.
- If you provide us with Comments, you acknowledge that you are responsible for the content of such material including its legality, originality and copyright.
Events Beyond our Control (Force Majeure)
- We shall have no liability to you for any failure to deliver goods you have ordered or any delay in doing so or for any damage or defect to goods delivered that is caused by any event or circumstances beyond our reasonable control including without limitation, strikes, lock outs and other industrial action, breakdown of system or network access, flood, fire, explosion or accident.
- Your use of the Service is at your sole risk. The Service is provided on an “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” basis. The Service is provided without warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchant-ability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement or course of performance.
- These Terms shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
- Our failure to enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not be considered a waiver of those rights. If any provision of these Terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable by a court, the remaining provisions of these Terms will remain in effect. These Terms constitute the entire agreement between us regarding our Service, and supersede and replace any prior agreements we might have between us regarding the Service.
If you have any questions about these Terms and Conditions, please contact us.